The processing of personal data at the Office of the General Counsel to the Republic of Poland
Laws providing for personal data protection
- Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection regulation) (published in the Official Journal of the European Union L 119, p 1); the text of the Regulation is available here.
- Act of 10 May 2018 on personal data protection (published in the Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1000); the text of the Act is available here.
President of the General Counsel to the Republic of Poland,
Data controller’s contact details
Email: kancelaria@ prokuratoria.gov.pl; address: 00-682 Warsaw, Hoża 76/78
Data protection supervisor
Data protection supervisor’s contact details
Email: iod@ prokuratoria.gov.pl; address: General Counsel to the Republic of Poland, 00-682 Warsaw, Hoża 76/78
You may contact the data protection supervisor about personal data protection issues.
President of the Personal Data Protection Office
Supervisory authority’s contact details
Address: Stawki 2, 00-193 Warsaw
Every person has the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority about the data processing which is incompatible with the law.
The personal data are processed by the data controller, inter alia, to perform the tasks envisaged by the following laws:
1) Act of 15 December 2016 on the General Counsel to the Republic of Poland (Journal of Laws of 2016, item 2261);
2) Act of 16 December 2016 on the state property management principles (Journal of Laws of 2016, item 2259).
The legal basis of data processing is a legal obligation to which the data controller is subject under the laws providing for the obligation to carry out a specific task, as well as the performance of tasks carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority.
The data processed include mainly first name, surname, address and other data necessary for the performance of the above-mentioned tasks.
We collect the personal data from public administration authorities, other entities and persons required to hand over the personal data, from the data subject, as well as from publicly available sources.
The collection of personal data from the data subject is related to and is necessary for the performance of statutory tasks by the data controller.
The personal data may be transferred to entities authorized by law or performing tasks carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority as well as to entities processing the personal data upon request of the data controller, that is IT service providers.
The data will be processed for the period specified for a given task and in compliance with the archiving principles.
The personal data will not be used for automated decision-making, including profiling.
Pursuant to the applicable laws and given the conditions provided for therein, you have the right to:
- access your personal data,
- rectify your personal data,
- restrict the data processing,
- erase your personal data,
- transfer your data to another controller,
- object to the data processing.
The request concerning the exercise of the above-mentioned rights should be sent in writing to the data controller (to the address given above, with a note “personal data protection”).