Responsibilities of the President
The President of the PGRP is appointed by the Prime Minister from among the persons selected in an open competition. The Prime Minister dismisses the President of the PGRP and takes other actions in the scope of the labour law as regards the President.
The President of the PGRP manages the Office and is a superior of all counsel, junior counsel and other employees. Each year, by 31 March, the President reports on his activities and the activities of the PGRP in the previous calendar year.
Responsibilities of the President include in particular:
- Granting consent to a legal transaction to be performed by a state legal person with regard to conducting transactions involving fixed assets exceeding PLN 5 million, and if a state legal person has no supervisory authority, it is impossible to determine such an authority or the supervisory authority is the Prime Minister;
- Granting consent to a legal transaction to be performed by a state legal person with regard to making fixed assets available for use to other subject for the period exceeding 180 days in a calendar year if the market value of the object of a legal transaction exceeds PLN 5 million, and if a state legal person has no supervisory authority, it is impossible to determine such an authority or the supervisory authority is the Prime Minister;
- Keeping a record of subjects, in particular state organizational units, which are entitled to exercise the rights arising from the property rights of the State Treasury or to act on behalf of the State Treasury and keep a joint record of the property of the State Treasury;
- Resolving disputes regarding the rights and interests of the State Treasury between state organizational units without legal personality;
- Indicating ex officio or at the request of the court which authority is competent to take procedural steps for the State Treasury;
- Legal representation before courts, tribunals and other adjudicating authorities;
- Chairing the Board of the PGRP and entrusting the Board with preparation, approval or assessment of opinions, analyses, a report prepared for the Prime Minister, position on an important legal issue raising doubts in case-law, position on another legal issue important for the interest of the Republic of Poland, position on another issue regarding the activities of the PGRP;
- Keeping a record of counsel of the PGRP in an electronic system;
- Determining regulations of the Arbitration Tribunal at the PGRP;
- Determining the PGRP Internal Regulations and Code of Good Practice with regard to the performance of tasks and activities at the PGRP.